What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the male sex hormone that boosts your sex drive and plays a vital role in sperm production.
How can I increase testosterone levels?
- Consume natural testosterone boosters like D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D, Tribulus Terrestris, Fenugreek, Ginger, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), Zinc and Ashwagandha.
- Eat Protein, Fat and Carbs
- Minimise Stress and Cortisol Levels
- Get Some Sun or Take a Vitamin D Supplement
- Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Get adequate high-quality Sleep
- Exercise and Lift Weights
What are five foods that boost testosterone?
- Bananas: It contains an enzyme called bromelain which helps to boost testosterone levels.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of protein, cholesterol, vitamin D and omega-3s, all of which helps in the production of testosterone.
- Oysters: Oysters are an aphrodisiac substance that increases libido when consumed. It contains a high amount of zinc.
- Nuts: Nuts are high in testosterone-elevating omega-3 fatty acids.
- Porridge Oats: Porridge oats are a good source of B Vitamins which aids in the production of testosterone.
What foods are testosterone killers?
- Mint: The menthol in mint lowers testosterone, which in turn depletes your sex drive.
- Cheese: Cheese is made from cow’s milk loaded with synthetic hormones. These could potentially mess with your body’s natural production of hormones, including testosterone.
- Coffee: If you get jittery or anxiousness from coffee, it may often lead to low libido.
Is low testosterone dangerous?
Men with low testosterone may have trouble getting and keeping an erection for a long time. Low testosterone can cause long-term, serious effects on your body. The bones can become weak, and may cause a condition called osteoporosis.
What are the symptoms of low testosterone in a man? Or How do I know if my testosterone level is low?
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty with erection
- Low semen volume
- changes in mood
- Hair loss
- The decrease in muscle mass
- Increase in body fat
- Decreased bone mass
What is the lowest testosterone level?
The normal range is between 300 to 800 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). If you have a low testosterone level, a number will be below 300.
What happens if low testosterone goes untreated?
If untreated, it can contribute to low bone density or heart disease risk.
Can low testosterone make you tired?
Low testosterone in men causes chronic fatigue — the type of tiredness.
What time of day is best for a testosterone Test?
Doctors recommend men with erectile dysfunction to have their testosterone measured from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. because testosterone levels are usually higher in the morning.